HOW TO FIND YOUR IDEAL READER
A good writer will be able to write and market with their reader in mind. It is easier to write when you have the ideal reader of your work pegged down. Your ideal reader should love you work as much as you do and should recommend, buy, and review your book. So, what does your ideal reader look like? Answer the following questions to find out.
1. Who do you want to impact and why???
2. Who is your reader? What’s their name, age, personality, etc. Create them like a character in your book.
3. What do they like to read/watch? Favorite book? And how does it make them feel?
4. How does your story help/inspire them?
5. Do you have an audience already? Take a survey of your audience to see who your ideal audience is.
NOTE: Your ideal reader isn’t global, so niche down you reader. Immediately there are 1000’s like them, so don’t be afraid. Someone will definitely read your work.
Written by Baleigh Shortreed.
“Patience is the key to growth; growth is the key to change.”